I used to read two books a month. Then I didn’t.
I used to write down the books I read. Then, well, I didn’t.
So this is an attempt to keep reading. Public humiliation has to work, right?
2015 (This year, I’m attempting a year of “classics” that I’ve never gotten around to reading, including in high school where I probably should have … but I’m sure I’ll mix in the regular junk, too)
Well, I guess I’d better get back to it …
- March 10: Lost at Sea, by Bryan Lee O’Malley. ISBN: 978-1-932664-16-4.
- February 18: Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, by Philip K. Dick. ISBN: 978-0-575-07993-9.
- January 2: Junius and Albert’s Adventures in the Confederacy: A Civil War Oddessey, by Peter Carlson. ISBN: 978-1610391542
- December 22: Joyland, by Stephen King. ISBN: 1781162646
- December 13: Nothing Can Possibly Go Wrong, by Prudence Shen & Faith Erin Hicks. ISBN: 978-1-59643-659-6.
- November 3: 11/22/63, by Stephen King. ISBN: 1451627297.
- October 16: The Death Ray by Daniel Clownes. ISBN: 1770460519.
- September 24: On the Road, by Jack Kerouac. ISBN: 0140042598.
- August 8: The Great Gatsby, by F. Scott Fitzgerald. ISBN: 9780684801520.
- August 4: Breakfast at Tiffany’s and Three Stories, by Truman Capote. ISBN: 978-0679745655.
- July 28: Haunted Knight, by Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale. ISBN: 978-1-56389-273-8.
- July 25: Dark Victory, by Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale. ISBN: 978-1-56389-868-6.
- July 21: Why College Matters to God, by Rock Ostrander. ISBN: 978-0-89112-323-1.
- July 13: The Best American Sports Writing 2012, edited by Michael Wilbon. ISBN: 978-0-547-33697-8.
- June 15: The Crossing, by Cormac McCarthy. ISBN: 0394574753.
- May 16: Justice, by Jim Krueger and Alex Ross. ISBN: 97814012311859.
- April 30: Outer Dark, by Cormac McCarthy. ISBN: 0679728732.
- April 14: Batman: Earth One, by Geoff Johns. ISBN: 1401232086
- April 6: Back to Blood, by Tom Wolfe. ISBN: 978-0316-36325.
- February 25: An Object of Beauty, by Steve Martin. ISBN: 0446573744.
- February 12: Incredible Hulk, Vol. 1, by Bruce M. Jones, Brian Azzarello, John Romita Jr., Richard Corben, Lee Weeks. ISBN: 0785110224.
- February 8: Batman: Hush Returns, by A.J. Lieberman, Al Barrionuevo, and Javier Pina. ISBN: 9-781401-209001.
- January 26: Superman is Jewish? How Comic-Book Superheroes Came to Serve Truth, Justice, and the Jewish-American Way, by Harry Brod. ISBN: 978-1-4165-9530-4.
- January 1: Hunting the Dark Knight: Twenty-first Century Batman, by Will Brooker. ISBN: 978-1-84885-280-8.
- December 22: Batman: Death by Design, by Chip Kidd and Dave Taylor. ISBN: 978-1-4012-345319.
- December 19: Cardboard, by Doug TenNapel. ISBN: 978-0-545-41872-0.
- November 28: The Batman Chronicles, Volume 3, by Bob Kane and Bill Finger. ISBN: 978-1-4012-1347-3.
- November 25: The Information Diet, by Clay Johnson. ISBN: 978-1449304683.
- November 19: Understanding Comics, by Scott McCloud. ISBN: 006097625x.
- November 12: My Friend Dahmer, by Derf Backderf. ISBN: 1419702173.
- September 15: Batman: Year One, by Frank Miller and David Mazzucchelli. ISBN: 978-1-4012-0752-6.
- September 10: Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, by Frank Miller. ISBN: 1-56389-342-8.
- September 5: Batman and Psychology: A Dark and Stormy Knight, by Travis Langley. ISBN: 978-1-118-16765-6.
- August 19: Ghostopolis, by Doug TenNapel. ISBN: 0545210283
- July 26: Scott Pilgrim’s Precious Little Life, Vol. 1, by Bryan Lee O’Malley. ISBN: 978-1-932664-08-9.
- July 23: Batman & Son, by Grant Morrison, Andy Kubert and Jesse DelPerdang. ISBN: 978-1-4012-1241-4.
- July 8: Journalism, by Joe Sacco. ISBN: 978-0805094862
- July 1: The Batman Chronicles, Vol. 2, by Bob Kane and Bill Finger. ISBN: 978-1401207908.
- June 26: Lincoln, Inc.: Selling the Sixteenth President in Contemporary America, by Jackie Hogan. ISBN: 978-1-4422-0954-1.
- June 10: The Road, by Cormac McCarthy. ISBN: 978-0307387899.
- May 31: Night of the Living Trekkies, by Kevin David Anderson and Sam Stall. ISBN: 978-1-59474-463-1.
- May 22: The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao, by Junot Diazz. ISBN: 978-1-59448-329-5.
- May 7: Dark Victory, by Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale. ISBN: 978-56389-868-6.
- May 2: The Long Halloween, by Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale. ISBN: 978-1-56389-5.
- April 24: Blue Like Jazz, by Donald Miller. ISBN: 0-7862-8843-4.
- April 11: Goldfinger, by Ian Fleming. ISBN: 978-0-14-200204-9.
- April 2: The Adventures of Captain Underpants, by Dav Pilkey. ISBN: 0-590-84628-0.
- March 13: Gotham Central 5: Dead Robin, by Greg Rucka, Ed Brubaker, et al. ISBN: 978-1-4012-1329-9.
- March 1: Batman: Long Shadows, by Judd Winick, et al. ISBN: 9-781401-227197
- February 23: 007: Carte Blanche, by Jeffrey Deaver. ISBN: 978-1-4516-2069-6.
- January 29: Batman Chronicles, Vol. 1, created by Bob Kane. ISBN: 1-4012-0445-7.
- January 26: The Adventures of Tintin, Vol. 3, by Herge. ISBN: 0-316-35944-0.
- January 18: The Influencing Machine, by Brooke Gladstone (illustrated by Josh Neufeld). ISBN: 978-0-393-07779-7.
- January 17: Batman & Robin: Batman Reborn, by Grant Morrison, Frank Quitely, Philip Tan. ISBN: 978-104012-2987-0.
- January 11: The Strange Case of Origami Yoda, by Tom Angleberger. ISBN: 978-0-8109-8425-7.