So, Fast and Furious 6 comes out this week.
Aaaaand there’s another sign of the Apocalypse. Of course, who am I kidding? … I’ll probably go see it.
Anyway, there comes a point where you have to begrudgingly give the series its due. I mean, they wouldn’t make six of them if they all lost money, would they? As movies move beyond things like plot and story and evolve into action and, well, action who wouldn’t want to see cars crashing through planes and fists crashing through mouths?
The tagline for this one is “All Roads Lead to This.” Well, that’s nice and vague. Where’s “This”? Does the road outside of my house lead to it? What about the road to nowhere? Hmmmm … What if it were “All Roads Lead to This?”
Man, punctuation makes a difference, doesn’t it? (or should I say: “Punctuation makes a difference, doesn’t it!”) …
Anyway, with that in mind, here’s the Top Fast & Furious Rejected Taglines:
- Fast & Furious 6: Why So Furious?
- Fast & Furious 6: Weapons of Fast Destruction
- Fast & Furious 6: We Can’t Believe It Either
- Fast & Furious 6: Keeping Up With Die Hard One Movie at a Time
- Fast & Furious 6: We Put the Vin in Diesel
- Fast & Furious 6: Thank Us For Keeping These Actors Busy So They Don’t Ruin Enjoyable Movies
- Fast & Furious 6: Bald Heads, Bald Tires
- Fast & Furious 6: Tight Curves, Tighter Shirt
- Fast & Furious 6: Here We Go Again
What are your slogans?