Saw Bucky Larson: Born to be a Star on the “Available on DVD by Christmas” Tour recently.
It was mindless, base, fratty, and off-color. It was 3 a.m., up-all-night stupid. It was deviant. It was what it was. Oddly enough, though, I giggled at this more than Crazy, Stupid Love, and I’m not sure what that says about me.
I wondered what the people at XXX Church thought, since the movie reflects a continuing mainstreaming of the porn industry. I wonder what Iowans thought about the movie. I wondered about peanut butter. I wondered if Kevin Nealon was really acting, or if he just naturally shouts profanity on cue. I wondered how I would react if I ever saw my pare— … wait, no I didn’t. And I refuse to. Then I made a top 5 list:
The Top 5 Taglines for the DVD release of Bucky Larson: Born to be a Star:
- Bucky Larson: It’s How Adam Sandler Channels Napolean Dynamite. Except with Porn.
- Bucky Larson: A Love Song for Iowa.
- Bucky Larson: It’s like Happy Gilmore, except with different clubs and balls.
- Bucky Larson: If Adam Sandler were Quentin Tarantino, Don Johnson would be John Travolta.
- Bucky Larson: It’s a Happy Madison Production, so at least there’s boobs.