Have you seen the Progressive commercial with the 80s montage?
If so, then you may have wondered why they chose Curtis Armstrong to represent the decade.
I know I did. However, upon reflection, who else could they have gotten? The blond guy from Cobra Kai? Maybe. But he can’t hold a candle to Armstrong. Consider:
- this is the guy who told Tom Cruise to take a chance (well … he said it a little more graphically …);
- this is the guy who snorted a mountain of snow and gave John Cusack love advice;
- this is the guy who spent one summer saving Demi Moore’s grandmother’s house;
- this is the guy who pursued Agnes DiPesto, for the love of all that is holy;
- AND, this is the guy who gave one of the most iconic burps in movie history:
So, congratulations Curtis Armstrong, you have (not so) quietly permanently left your mark (and he’s remained busy, too. Check his IMDB credits).
The commercial, though, leads to this question: if there was a Mount Rushmore for the 1980s, who would be on it?