What does Harry Potter’s brave little Elfin friend Dobby have to do with red-shirted Ensign Smith? They both die. Oops, spoiler.
Watching the fate of Dobby in Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows made me think of poor Ensign Smith on Star Trek.
It also inspired this top 5 list.
Top 5 signs your lesser-known character may not make it through the whole movie:
- Your character gets asked to go through a time warp/beaming process with the main characters.
- Your character finally gets accepted into the “in” group.
- When a main character is in extreme danger (and your character just so happens to stand next to him/her)
- Your character has a difference fashion sense than the main characters.
- The character appears, out of the blue, at either the 20-, 60- or 90-minute mark
What are some other signs?