Here are the rules: You have two choices. Select the one you feel is “more real.” You MUST choose one and be prepared to defend your answer.
- Star Wars vs. Avatar
- Avatar vs. The Simpsons
- The Simpsons vs. South Park
- South Park vs. Friends
- Friends vs. Survivor
- Survivor vs. The Amazing Race
- The Amazing Race vs. CBS Evening News
- CBS Evening News vs. CNN
- CNN vs. The Daily Show
- The Daily Show vs. Saturday Night Live
- Saturday Night Live vs. 30 Rock
- 30 Rock vs. Law and Order
- Law and Order vs. House
- House vs. A Beautiful Mind
- A Beautiful Mind vs. Bill O’Reilly
- Bill O’Reilly vs. Stephen Colbert
- Stephen Colbert vs. Oprah
- Oprah vs. Madonna
- Madonna vs. Jesus
- Jesus vs. C.S. Lewis
- C.S. Lewis’ The Chronicles of Narnia series vs. J.R.R. Tolkein’s Lord of the Rings series
- The Lord of the Rings movie series vs. The Star Wars series.
Gave this worksheet to a class the other day. I think it could be a pretty cool party game/conversation starter, etc., but it needs a little tweaking. Feel free to help.
The purpose is to explore concepts of reality, identification (and other things) within the mediascape we all live in.
Which is more real to you? How do you defend that reality?