Here, for no particular reason, are the rankings of Wes Anderson films.
- The Royal Tenenbaums. A lot of people hated this movie, but it’s hands down his master work thus far. “She smokes?”
- Rushmore. My favorite quote from any of the movies: “She’s my Rushmore, Max.”
- Bottle Rocket. Infectiously quirky. “Keep up the intensity!”
- The Darjeeling Limited. Bitter, bittersweet, which is why it’s ahead of Steve Zissou.
- The Life Aquatic. Slightly amusing, but a bit of a mess. Although finding the shark does make you tear up a bit.
Now, tell me where I’m wrong.