Well, after nine straight days of work, it seems that Jack Bauer is finally going to get a day off. Thank goodness! But, it does make you wonder: now that the show creators have a definite ending point, what’ll they do?
I’m sure the season was planned with enough wiggle room for another season, if warranted. Now that the warranty is up, I wonder there’s some scrambling around to re-shoot the ending. So, here’s the question: What’s going to happen to Jack? What do you think?
And now that he will get a day off, here’s 24 things Jack Bauer could do after 24:
- Go to sleep.
- Become a body guard for Chuck Norris (face it, if ANYONE can protect Chuck Norris, it’s Jack Bauer!)
- Catch up on all those TiVo’d episodes of Lost
- Become a nanny (Hey, it worked for Vin Diesel and Jackie Chan!)
- Teach an anger management seminar
- Start a carnival sideshow – The Amazing Threshold of Pain!
- Catch up with his daughter (snicker, snicker … yeah, right!)
- Go to the movies
- Get a Happy Meal
- Take art classes
- Become a vampire
- Volunteer for Big Brothers/Big Sisters
- Go back to school (it’s what we all do when we’re at a loss of what to do … maybe he could go to med school …)
- Finally say something nice to Chloe.
- Two words: Mall Security
- Learn to cook
- Bullet-proof vest tester
- HR Director
- Join the cast of Men of a Certain Age
- Nothing. Jack Bauer will always fight the enemies of this country; TV show or not, dammit!
(Note: This started out as a top 5 list, but “24 things Jack Bauer can do after 24″ sounds more poetic … so admittedly, out of these 24 ideas, there seems to be a pretty tolerable top 5 list).
What are your ideas? What else could Jack do?